It doesn’t make a difference if you are the CEO of a company, a foreman at a baking operation, or an angry husband! Cussing with nasty words that are derogatory or aimed at hurting someone’s feelings is wrong. I’ll say it again It’s wrong to use cuss words to hurt someone’s feelings, no matter who they are. It doesn’t matter if you are a football coach, another student at a school, a mentor to a student, or the wife or husband of someone you say that you love. It’s still wrong to say nasty things that are intended to hurt someone else no matter who you are or your work position.
You do not have the right to scream obscenities at anyone
No one has the right to yell, or scream curse words or obscenities at anyone else. No grandmother or grandfather has the right to demean one of their grandchildren by telling them to get the F— away from them. If you do that to anyone, I guarantee that they will say the same thing back to you within a few years. Stop hurling nasty curse words immediately, it’s wrong to treat a child in that manner or for that matter anyone else. If you are doing that under the influence of alcohol, or drugs it is that much more wrong because you are also disrespecting your own body. So, knock it off, now!
Do you deserve to be treated badly, or disrespected?
What you have to decide is if you want your family or working partners to respect you or not. If you are being disrespected you need to look inward first. Do you deserve to be disrespected? Are you doing or saying things that make people not like you and on purpsoe? Are you tearing other people down by being negative all of the time on purpose? Are you always calling people dumb asses, or stupid, or worse and in front of other people?
Stop It Immediately!
If you are doing these things it is time to Stop It Immediately! Your work life is just as important as your family life. Your accomplishments do not include insulting your employees no matter if that other person is your wife, or partner. That is not an accomplishment to insult someone else. In reality it makes you look like a complete failure because you can’t get that other person to do their work because they have lost respect for you.That is demeaning behavior and should not be tolerated by anyone. So when they yell back at you, or have stopped responding to you, you are in deep water and in danger of being relegated to the trash can or junk yard because of your behavior. Just like we do to other junk laying around the yard and being worthless.
Are you really sick with a terminal disease?
If your anger or sullen behavior is the result of having some terrible sickness that you have not told your family about, then it is time to fess up! That is a terrible thing to have to burden by yourself. But, it is still not an excuse to treat other people badly. Go get some help, ask at your doctor’s office. Talk to them about how to tell your family. There is help for all kinds of problems, but, you have to ask for the help!
Tips to get you out of that deep hole you have dug yourself into:
- Early in the day, say something nice to the main person you have been tearing down lately, but say it nicely. Even if it is Good Morning!
- Don’t say anything bad the entire rest of the day, don’t, no matter what is being said back to you.
- Do this for an entire week, but only once a day.
- Do not tell anyone else about this.
- Give yourself a treat for being good everyday. Go out for lunch by yourself for an entire week
- Get ahold of yourself early in the day and remember to say something nice to the rest of the employees as well the second week.
- Once a week treat the entire office to lunch or at least the person you have been treating badly. Do it but don’t tell anyone about it, especially the person.
- You must do this for at least three weeks.
- During the fourth week people will begin to respond much better to you, but only if you have kept the faith and not said anything bad about anyone else.
- Continue to be nicer to your staff or special person because they are responding to the vibes that you are putting out.
- You are responsible for the feedback you get and no one else.
- If you want professional business coaching go here